BOBBLE vs BCO, and some other guys too



So I am in a little bet/contest in my office with 5 other guys to see who can lose the most percentage of weight over a 12.5 week period. I weighed in at a whopping 221 (my heaviest ever) along with my friend and fellow blogger, the BCO, writer of beercontroloffense. 3 of the guys don't have a shot and 1 of them has made steady progress. Just to get him to put down the "chicken leg" and coffee cup, well lets just say he already accomplished a lot.

Anyway, so back to the BCO vs. Bobble scenario. I think we both have taken similar but totally different approaches. He is eating a lot less than normal, and taking intense walks, and now he has thrown in some perfect push up and core exercises. (and whatever else he is doing on the side that I don't know about) I on the other hand haven't changed my eating too much besides the fact that I spread it out into 6 meals a day. I am doing more with exercise, 6-7 days a week, sometimes twice a day when I am feeling up to it and definitely working on my core. But now, my ankle injury has me thinking on my feet. (well more on my a$$ but you get the point) I need to change my strategy. Or do I...

When I weighed in before I went to Arlington, Va for VmWare training I tipped the scales at 173 which is 48 lbs with another 4 weeks or so until the final weigh in. I haven't been able to weigh in since my injury because I haven't been able to put any weight on my left ankle. I think I have put on a few pounds since then and I still have 3 weeks until the final weigh in. All in all I don't really care. I talked a lot of trash (which I never do... cough) in the beginning and have backed up every bit of it. I told everyone I would lose 40 lbs. Which I have done. I am not trying to lose anymore weight and pre-injury had already started to try to add more muscle by hitting the weights. If the BCO (already lost a ton) can pass me down the stretch then I will gladly hand over my 100 bones...



Who knows, maybe I will be showing these off in the summer...

0 comments: